Top 10 designers of 2010.

I can't believe how quick this year has gone, its flown by. As the new one is around the corner sneaking up on us I thought I would do one finally post of the year. So to end it I've done my top ten designers of the year. They'r not in any particular order that would take me to long to figure out. so here goes:


Basso & Brooke

love the colours and prints used in this S/S 2010 collection, still makes me feel all summery when I look at it now.

Michael Kors

 He does some lovely minimalist designs never too complicated but always elegant and relaxed.

Etro

Etro reminds me of early 1900's fashion but with modern cuts and styling, its nice when you can see where fashion takes its inspiration from. 


Erdem

Erdem is quickly becoming one of my favourite designers. The last few collections of his I really like and this S/S 2010 is no exception with its ditsy floral print and all over holiday feeling.


 Channel

strong, bold, feminine and true to itself. Channel can do no wrong and Karl lagerfeld produces yet another consistent collection.   


 pucci

loved this molten metal look, done right it looks very chic and the mini dress with the long sleeve is also chic and modern so its a win win here.


Alberta ferretti

I feel I've been underestimating Ferretti for a while. its label I don't particularly keep an eye out for but when the fashion shows come around I'm always intrigued by how pretty and organic the collections are, particularly this one. 

Christopher Kane

Christopher Kane is a fresh young talent who goes from strength to strength with something new each time he does a collection,  I love this sheer gingham, its so grown up and one of the leaders in producing the sheer trend , I just wish there was more of the sheer gingham around on the high street.

Issa

loved this coat in her A/W 10 collection it was an unexpected pop of colour in a collection largely dominated by blacks, greys and neutrals.


and of course...........

Alexander McQueen.


His final complete collection before he died. S/S 2010 inspired by evolution. 
I loved the colours through this collection and the quality of the prints. This collection was accompanied by pushing boundaries, using a  new printing technique, showing the collection live on the internet as it went out ,with revolving cameras so it could be seen from all angles And premièring lady gaga's new song. wow talking about going all out.
love or hate this collection you have to agree that the print quality is amazing as are the designs even if you don't like the prints or the shoes. Its quite evident that a genius was at work.


so what I want to know is, who would you choose as your favourite designers collections of 2010?


 that's it then for this year, thanks to all the follwers and readers and to those who have left comments, I've really enjoyed doing this blog and can't believe how quick its gone, it seems like I only started it a few weeks ago but its been going since august now. so here's to next august.

 hope you all have a lovely new year and hope to see you back soon.

Happy New Year and thanks for reading x x

all images from style.com


Comments

  1. amazing designers,amazing collections<3



    http://inablondeworld.blogspot.com/ stop by sometime you might find it interesting darling:)xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment