Skip to main content

20th century fashion.


Last year I bought this lovely fashion diary by Taschen. I came across it by chance which was wired really because I needed it for collage and I was doing a fashion course at the time so it was quite apt that I came across this little gem.

What's nice about it is that every other page has an Image or advert on it from sometime in the 20th century so I thought I'd do a series of  posts showing these images.

This is January's 2010 set of Images:

                                            YSL 1996
                                          
                                           Jantzen 1947

                                           Interwoven socks 1929

                                           Tempos 1973

                                         Boston Garter 1911


The YSL one is my favourite out of these. I think the Jantzen one looks like it came straight from a Roy Lichtenstein painting and the shoes are peculiar in the way the trouser legs are the same colour as the shoes.
  You can also see the difference in the adverts, the Boston garters and interwoven socks have so much more detail than the more recent ones.

Which one do you like? Don't forget to leave me your thoughts and comments :)

                                                                    Thanks for looking x

Comments

  1. I just posted a comment did it post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a look in my comments box but there's nothing there :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration Wednesday....

Images from pintrest

Inspiration Wednesday.....

I think it's well over due for an inspiration Wednesday! So here goes.....






As always images are from Pinterest, to see more like this you can follow my Garment Details board here.

How To: Inserting a side seam zip with pocket

This skirt was meant to have a center back zip along with side seam pockets. Instead I put the two together and combined the zip into the side seam pocket and thought I would share with you how I did it or basically winged it ;)


What You should Know First:
This is easier than it looks all you need to do is be able to insert an invisible zip. The waist band was faced but I found it easier to attach the facing once the zip was in place.  This skirt also had lining but the lining fabric is treated as a single layer with the fashion fabric.
Prep:
Prior to inserting the zip and pockets and treating the lining and fabric as one layer, I made sure both side seams were over-locked 
Construction Tips: These are by no means a definite way to do this, just the way I did it.  . 

1.  Pocket pieces should be kept separate, which makes it easier to place on the the skirt.




2. Taking the one pocket piece (Ignore that I have two in the pic) I lined it up on the right side of the skirt, with the correspondin…