This dress was for a wedding reception that I went to last weekend. I'd bought the fabric from here and knew soon as I'd seen it that it would be perfect for this occasion.
These were some initial designs.
I was originally going to do this design as a flat pattern meaning that there would be no darts but as I started to eliminate the darts the pattern didn't look right so I chose to do waist darts only.
I obviously made up a toile version of the dress first and good job too because boy were there some alterations needed but after a quite a few alterations mainly to the sleeves and neck line this was the result.
Even though I'd pretty much ironed out all the problems ready to make the dress, when I tried the finished version on it was a little baggy in the bust and the shoulders too big but with a few tucks here and there it did the trick.
Here's a few quick shots of me in the dress I took using my tripod, I meant to take photos on the night I wore it but as usual I was running fashionably late and was very tired.
I would love to know what you think so don't be afraid to leave a comment below.
Thanks for looking xx