Skip to main content

New York Fashion Week. Inspiration.

Christian Siriano


 Zak Posen



Jason Wu








 Prabal Gurung


 Billy Reid

Considering this is the S/S 2012 show I'm surprised by how classic the colour palette is. I do like it, it's nice to have a classic look instead of  the predictable contemporary feel which has often been the 'look' of the last few seasons.
floaty materials, ruffles and gathers are in abundance (rather renaissance with a hint of the 50's and a lick of the 70's). I'm also swooning over the presence of the circle skirt and it's variations, I do like the circle skirts, so simple to make, that's definitely one for the spring makes list!
 I'm also eyeing up Prabal Gurung scarf skirt, a version of this would look lovely made out of a vintage/thrift-ed scarf. 
Those asymmetric floaty skirts of Jason Wu and the pink peplum skirt are also contenders for my makes list.

What about you, do you have a list of things to make well in advance of the actual season, I always like to look to a season or two a head, I'm a bit of a planner and compulsive list wright-er it's just a shame that I rarely stick to it........... oh well maybe this year will be a first ;) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration Wednesday.....

I think it's well over due for an inspiration Wednesday! So here goes.....






As always images are from Pinterest, to see more like this you can follow my Garment Details board here.

Inspiration Wednesday....

Images from pintrest

Inspiration Wednesday.....

All images from Pinterest.

Don't forget you can pin these images to your own boards, just hover over each image and look for the little 'p' in the top left corner.