Downton Abbey, Coat Love.

I tend to dip in and out of Downton abbey, usually because I forget it's on ( head like a sieve!) but I managed to catch an episode a few weeks back, and have been swooning over a coat that Lavinia  was wearing ever since. 

It's such a sweetie of a coat, deffinatly not a winter coat, but something of an early autunm or spring coat.
It appears to have only one fastening although I'm not sure what you call this fastening (anyone know?), A large sailor collar that act as the lappels. It's fitted through the waist with plates on the back of the coat, after the fastening the coat has a gentle curve down the center front, and has turn ups on the sleeve.



I think I'm quite smitten with the colour too although i think it would look equally as nice in a powder blue, duck-egg green or powder pink.



These last two images are a little blurry but the videos to view the coat can be found here at 4.22 and here at 6.22.

Comments