Skip to main content

what's on my sewing table?

yesterday was a no show for Blogtoberfest I wanted to put up a post but found myself to tired after a busy day to even lift the lid on my lap top, I'm also finding myself having a touch of writers bock or bloggers block if you will, But I am determined to see out the rest of Blogtoberfest.




What are you currently sewing? I'm making myself a trusty little black day dress, it's occurred to me on a couple of occasions that I do not own a black dress at all, so I thought I'd start off by sewing a day dress, with sleeves I might add.  unfortunately I've already hit a slight snag, slight being the operative word here, I've only gone a made a school book error, now what is it they say, make sure you read the instruction before doing anything!! So what have I done I hear you ask?  I've only gone and cut the front out as two separate pieces instead of on the fold!!!! Fuming is not the word, I was livid when I realised what I done it was made worse because I don't have any more material to cut a new piece from, anyway I will soldier on so check back in the week to see how I over come this!!!

Comments

  1. Oh no, what a bummer about the front piece! I hate it when stuff like that happens, I too would have been livid! Hope you figure out a way to fix it!

    I've recently followed Casey's circle skirt sew-along and I had to make two because I forgot to add seam allowance to the first version. So it ended up too small :o( We live and learn though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we do indeed, it's frustrating when you feel your improving and taking steps forward only to find you've take two back!!
    ahh never-mind, the joys of sewing. glad to hear your second skirt turned out right :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration Wednesday.....

I think it's well over due for an inspiration Wednesday! So here goes.....






As always images are from Pinterest, to see more like this you can follow my Garment Details board here.

Inspiration Wednesday....

Images from pintrest

Inspiration Wednesday.....

All images from Pinterest.

Don't forget you can pin these images to your own boards, just hover over each image and look for the little 'p' in the top left corner.