Skip to main content

Laura Laine Girl with Blouse



I'm very much in a drawing mood as of late, I think I'm making up for my summer drought.

This drawing is a copy of this image by Laura Laine. I've admired her work for a while. she has very much found her own style which is something that I hope to achieve some day.

 Laura has a unique style which can be some what dark for a fashion illustrator, she mainly illustrates in black and white with just the odd hint of colour.
 Her work is fairly gothic at times but also reminiscent of superheroes in comic books. The composure in some of her images is very Lichtenstein like, (his comic book images of the blond girl that is).
If you would like to see more of her work visit her website here, go on you know you want too.....

Comments

  1. This is one of the most incredible blogs Ive read in a very long time.
    The amount of information in here is stunning, like you practically
    wrote the book on the subject. Your blog is great for anyone who wants to
    understand this subject more. Great stuff; please keep it up!
    designers fashion week
    Your Post is very useful, I am truly happy to post my note on this blog .
    It helped me with ocean of awareness so I really consider you will do much
    better in the future. beauty face
    Thanks for the information and links you shared this is so should be a useful and quite informative!
    beauty magazine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration Wednesday....

Images from pintrest

Inspiration Wednesday.....

I think it's well over due for an inspiration Wednesday! So here goes.....






As always images are from Pinterest, to see more like this you can follow my Garment Details board here.

How To: Inserting a side seam zip with pocket

This skirt was meant to have a center back zip along with side seam pockets. Instead I put the two together and combined the zip into the side seam pocket and thought I would share with you how I did it or basically winged it ;)


What You should Know First:
This is easier than it looks all you need to do is be able to insert an invisible zip. The waist band was faced but I found it easier to attach the facing once the zip was in place.  This skirt also had lining but the lining fabric is treated as a single layer with the fashion fabric.
Prep:
Prior to inserting the zip and pockets and treating the lining and fabric as one layer, I made sure both side seams were over-locked 
Construction Tips: These are by no means a definite way to do this, just the way I did it.  . 

1.  Pocket pieces should be kept separate, which makes it easier to place on the the skirt.




2. Taking the one pocket piece (Ignore that I have two in the pic) I lined it up on the right side of the skirt, with the correspondin…