Skip to main content

New Design: Jenni Kayne

I haven't done one of these posts in a while, probable because I've been more into sewing than fashion as of late, but I'm winding down now the holiday season is approaching and having a little catch-up on fashion.
In all honesty fashion is my first love with sewing right behind it and for me the two go hand in hand, I know some of you think otherwise, but it's how I've always seen it and it's nice to keep in mind current trends and what designers are putting out there. I think it has a lot to do with not me just sewing for me (more on this at a later date) but wanting to sew for others too.
In the spot light this week is Jenni Kayne.

A designer from L.A who started her own line aged just 19 in 2003. she debuted her first collection on the runway in 2010 and is continuing to do well with resort collections too.



 Spring 2012



Pre-fall 2012
















Both collections have taken me aback, the clothes are realistically wearable with an easy going style (her LA influence maybe). I could image myself wearing all the looks (if only I had the money), which is something I don't say often.

I love love love that blue skirt 'Hmm maybe I could make one'?? (although I think I should stop saying that I already have a list as long as I am tall of things I want to make) and those wide leg style trousers are to dye for ' maybe I could .......'

Have a lovely weekend all, by the way are you already for Christmas yet?

Comments

  1. Hi, Sarah! Have you ever checked this site:

    http://kristinaclemens.blogspot.com/

    Just wondering what you would think of it...

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say I have until now, I've just taken a quick look and it looks like a fab blog, definitely one to follow I think!

    Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration Wednesday....

Images from pintrest

Inspiration Wednesday.....

I think it's well over due for an inspiration Wednesday! So here goes.....






As always images are from Pinterest, to see more like this you can follow my Garment Details board here.

How To: Inserting a side seam zip with pocket

This skirt was meant to have a center back zip along with side seam pockets. Instead I put the two together and combined the zip into the side seam pocket and thought I would share with you how I did it or basically winged it ;)


What You should Know First:
This is easier than it looks all you need to do is be able to insert an invisible zip. The waist band was faced but I found it easier to attach the facing once the zip was in place.  This skirt also had lining but the lining fabric is treated as a single layer with the fashion fabric.
Prep:
Prior to inserting the zip and pockets and treating the lining and fabric as one layer, I made sure both side seams were over-locked 
Construction Tips: These are by no means a definite way to do this, just the way I did it.  . 

1.  Pocket pieces should be kept separate, which makes it easier to place on the the skirt.




2. Taking the one pocket piece (Ignore that I have two in the pic) I lined it up on the right side of the skirt, with the correspondin…