Skip to main content

Illustration: gingham trousers




I really, really, really want to make myself a pair of gingham trousers style jeans with a white waist band and white turn ups, but so long is my list, they will have to wait, so I've contented myself by drawing them instead.

I like the idea of using a purple or lilac gingham, but I think yellow or red would work equally as good too!! I think they would look lovely worn in the summer months, quite reminiscent of a picnic table cloth too!!

The idea for these popped into my head whilst I was away, it was quite strange as I'd was on my way home from doing the food shop when I suddenly thought, how cool would it be to have a pair of gingham trousers?! 
so I was wondering do you ever come up with ideas in strange places or  at unlikely times?

Comments

  1. Curious coincidence… while you sketch because sewing takes longer time, I read blogs because I do not have time to sew :-)!

    As for how/when ideas pop up, I noticed that I tend to have ideas (or to find solutions to a particular issue) when I let my thoughts go, when I am meditating, i.e., when I am relaxed and not running trying to catch up, or trying to cope with this crazy hectic life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration Wednesday.....

I think it's well over due for an inspiration Wednesday! So here goes.....






As always images are from Pinterest, to see more like this you can follow my Garment Details board here.

Inspiration Wednesday....

Images from pintrest

Inspiration Wednesday.....

All images from Pinterest.

Don't forget you can pin these images to your own boards, just hover over each image and look for the little 'p' in the top left corner.