Skip to main content

Flora watercolor sketch.

I've been glancing, this darling of a Gucci flora, perfume Ad since I first spotted it, in May's edition of Elle magazine. Isn't it gorgeous, So you know what,  I had to draw it!! 




I'm still experimenting with a more sketchy style of putting pen to paper, but the flowers in the advert just yearned to be painted using watercolours, a medium that I haven't used for quite some time.

Normally I would conceder a sketchy style too harsh combined with watercolours (personal taste), but haven done this myself I think it gives it more of an edge! It's an interesting combination any how and one I hope to do more with.

* although watercolours were the main meduim used, I felt her  face was too pale. After doing the outlining I decided to darken the face, only the outlining run, (seen as I was using watercolours that was naturally going to happen- duh)  making it blotchy, grey and dark. In the end I corrected the face colouring using photoshop!!
Moral of the story, only outline when you'r 100% happy!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration Wednesday.....

I think it's well over due for an inspiration Wednesday! So here goes.....






As always images are from Pinterest, to see more like this you can follow my Garment Details board here.

Inspiration Wednesday....

Images from pintrest

Inspiration Wednesday.....

All images from Pinterest.

Don't forget you can pin these images to your own boards, just hover over each image and look for the little 'p' in the top left corner.