Skip to main content

Mellow yellow: up-cycling adventures...




If you can do it yourself then why not! 

That's what I did. After spotting a t-shirt in Next with low cut sides that I liked and then glancing at a somewhat hefty price tag, I decided to d.i.y! Using a t-shirt I'd previously bought and dyed yellow, I started by using a French curve to draw the new neck-lines and arm areas I cut away a bit at a time and then with a bit of to-ing and throwing I cut the neckline and arm depth to where I wanted. I then secured the seams using fray stop glue. (A little bit of cheating I must admit, but hey anything to make life easier!)

I didn't quite stop there, me being 'stamp happy' as of late I decide to give it a go on my new t-shit! I played it simple and stamped just the one image onto the back.


This stamp is a real lovely, from a distance it looks like a rose, but as you can see from the close up, the flower part is indeed made up of two birds- cute !!


Comments

  1. Yellow extra.
    ***
    www.zapalov.blogspot.com - blog o moim projektowaniu mody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice I love the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fab! The stamp is especially awesome - why have I not thought of stamping on clothes?! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! You should give it a go, be warned it is addictive and you might find you have to stop your self from getting carried away haha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration Wednesday....

Images from pintrest

Inspiration Wednesday.....

I think it's well over due for an inspiration Wednesday! So here goes.....






As always images are from Pinterest, to see more like this you can follow my Garment Details board here.

How To: Inserting a side seam zip with pocket

This skirt was meant to have a center back zip along with side seam pockets. Instead I put the two together and combined the zip into the side seam pocket and thought I would share with you how I did it or basically winged it ;)


What You should Know First:
This is easier than it looks all you need to do is be able to insert an invisible zip. The waist band was faced but I found it easier to attach the facing once the zip was in place.  This skirt also had lining but the lining fabric is treated as a single layer with the fashion fabric.
Prep:
Prior to inserting the zip and pockets and treating the lining and fabric as one layer, I made sure both side seams were over-locked 
Construction Tips: These are by no means a definite way to do this, just the way I did it.  . 

1.  Pocket pieces should be kept separate, which makes it easier to place on the the skirt.




2. Taking the one pocket piece (Ignore that I have two in the pic) I lined it up on the right side of the skirt, with the correspondin…