Skip to main content

Fashion week: Milan

Some of my favourite looks from Milan fashion week.....

D&G


I didn't like too much of their collection from a wearable point of view lots of prints depicting images from roman times and battle scenes, very nice if your into that type of art. The bold colours were nice though!
I did like the stripe numbers, the top half of this all in one caught my eye, quite holiday-esq. 


Versace


 The lace makes an interesting feature on an otherwise simple dress, could be the inspiration of an upcycling project at some point.
I like paint splatter effect on the other dress, I could see that developing into a trend.

Emporio Armani




Loved this collection, very minimalist. I black triangle shapes on the t-shirts are quite insiring certainly jazzes up an otherwise simple item of clothing. The peter pan collar blouse is very sweet too, I can just imagine making that and pairing it with jeans and round toe heels.  


Bally


Another simple collection, I thought the jacket was a great take on the pull over rain jacket , more modern and updated. The band at the bottom of the dress is a nice detail too.

-

Milan fashion week wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but it was sleek, neutral colours reigned supreme and simple cuts in abundance. I thought it might have had a bit more spark to be-honest.
There weren't too many disapointers as such just a few not hitting as high as i would like, one let down was prada, odd flower prints and embroidery on mainly black or bottle green backgrounds, just didn't seem like a Prada collection at all.

Images from style


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration Wednesday.....

I think it's well over due for an inspiration Wednesday! So here goes.....






As always images are from Pinterest, to see more like this you can follow my Garment Details board here.

Inspiration Wednesday....

Images from pintrest

Inspiration Wednesday.....

All images from Pinterest.

Don't forget you can pin these images to your own boards, just hover over each image and look for the little 'p' in the top left corner.