Skip to main content

City Scape Couture Sketch


I've been meaning to sketch something couture  for a while, not heavily couture but along those lines. 
I was channelling 'devilishly ballerina' for this one. The black detail was originally intended to look like flames but as I made a start on the sketch I could see a city silhouette appearing and I realised I quite liked it. I also added a slight ombre effect on the red of the dress too!

I could see this dress made up out of a silk duchess satin, hand dyed to create the ombre effect and a hand painted city line. The skirt is in three partial layers cut on the bias so it's similar to a circle skirt. Diamant√©'s in red and clear would adorn the straps and bust area, I would also be tempted to add black diamant√©'s to the city line too. 

Please mind the face on my sketch. Those who have followed my blog for a while will know sketching face's are not my strong point but I do prevail with them.

I'm not done yet either, I'm having a very sketchy week and am half way through my third drawing, I swear I'm either all or nothing, but I won't bog you down with too many sketches in one go, no, I think I will give you a Thurlow update for my next post.



Comments

  1. Keep the sketches coming - they are lovely to see! As for the face, please do not worry, if we think about the real catwalk manequins, they don't put on beautiful faces either ;-).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration Wednesday.....

I think it's well over due for an inspiration Wednesday! So here goes.....






As always images are from Pinterest, to see more like this you can follow my Garment Details board here.

Inspiration Wednesday....

Images from pintrest

Inspiration Wednesday.....

All images from Pinterest.

Don't forget you can pin these images to your own boards, just hover over each image and look for the little 'p' in the top left corner.