Hello Thurlow

Hola my lovely's I'm back from my holiday, feeling refreshed and revived!

Whilst I was away I also thought of some new sewing and blogging ideas,( more of this in another post) I always find I can think more clearly on holiday. I think it's because of the lack of distractions that I get when I'm at home, although I do find myself missing my sewing machine whenever I'm away.

Before I get to the main topic of this post I thought I'd touch on blogtoberfest, most of you eagle eyed readers will know that I wasn't here to see it out, and some of you will also know that I didn't blog everyday either, but I'm quite pleased with myself beside that.
 I posted 19 times out of 31 during October, and whilst a few were scheduled most weren't. I spent most of this year telling myself that I wasn't doing blogtoberfest as it's quite intense to see it through completely and because I working this time around, but a last minute decision promoted me other-wise and I'm glad I did it. It showed me that although I have no major work routine (my hours/days change on a weekly basis) that if  I put my mind to it I can blog more regularly. so all things considered it was a good result.

-

Now back to the post: 'hello Thurlow'. I decided to treat myself before I went away and bought the Thurlow sewaholic pattern.



I've been eyeing this pattern up for a while, plus it ticks off another thing on my 12 in 2012 list.
It's the shorts that caught my attention, as I'm more of skinny's kinda girl when it comes to trousers but for a while I've really wanted to en-corporate more shorts in to my wardrobe as they are so versatile. I've also been dying to try a sewaholic pattern for a while so I figured this should be a good one for me. 
I'm intrigued to see how they will fit too as I'm aware that the sewaholic patterns are for curvy girls and although with me being a uk size 8/10 doesn't exactly class me as 'curvy' in some peoples eyes, I do have a good 10 inch difference between my hips and my waist, so as you can see I am intrigued. 

I'm going to start with making a pair of winter friendly shorts in a purple wool blend material complete with the belt bow too!   


Have you made the Thurlow pattern yet?


Comments

  1. Holidays are fabulous for a good head clearing! I have the opposite problem of you, I always have to take the curve out on patterns! The shorts in your description of the fabric you will be using sound fabulous and I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear that you've enjoyed your holidays, those days away do make you feel better, don't they?

    For Blogoktoberfeest, it is also up to us, your readers, to thank you for your determination in posting beautiful things - keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment