Skip to main content

Button Mixed Media Illustration



I was hoping to have this button mixed illustration done last week.
The snag- I run out of yellow buttons!! Typical really, I picked up two packets of  buttons thinking it would be more than enough for the illustration but the button packs were mixed colours (yellow and lilac) it turned out that I was about five buttons short!! So it was put on hold until I picked up another packet.
Then came another snag with the buttons, whilst I had to wait until I could get the extra buttons, the glue I had used to stick the buttons to the paper (PVA Glue) wasn't adhering the buttons properly.
 To remedy this I put a layer of PVA on top of the buttons to keep them in place, thinking the PVA would dry clear - normally it does, but no such luck. The PVA had left a residue which had significantly dulled the surface of the pearly buttons. But at least the buttons stay in place.

Thoughts:

What I did enjoy about working with the buttons is they they add a sewing element to my illustration, plus it's nice to work with something other than markers and paint from time to time!

 In a way I'm glad the buttons didn't turn out perfect, as I'm not taken with how the illustration itself came out either. I went over board with the outlining. The girls face looks surly, and the skin tone is off too, but it's a good starting point.

I'm also thinking this type of mixed media illustration would look good on an artist canvas for hanging in a sewing room! Hmm now that's an idea!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration Wednesday.....

I think it's well over due for an inspiration Wednesday! So here goes.....






As always images are from Pinterest, to see more like this you can follow my Garment Details board here.

Inspiration Wednesday....

Images from pintrest

Inspiration Wednesday.....

All images from Pinterest.

Don't forget you can pin these images to your own boards, just hover over each image and look for the little 'p' in the top left corner.