Skip to main content

Pinterest Sewing Inspiration













Right now I'm full steam ahead with decorating the new house, (I've just finished painting my sewing room in lime green Ekk!) but I'm afraid sewing is going to be even more sparse than normal, coincidently my urge to sew is tenfold to the point where I don't know what to sew first when I do have some time, although I think maybe it would be a good idea to pick up where I left off.

At least I can content myself with looking for inspiration on Pinterest, even if does add to my ever growing list.

Lately I've had an urge to start re-fashioning garments again, thanks to finding Charity Shop Chic's blog, talk about inspirational although I did have to pinch myself for not finding this blog sooner. I'm both completely obsessed and taken aback by what this girl creates.
 I use to alter-clothes and tweak them all the time before I really got into sewing properly, but what Charity Shop Chic does I can only dream of doing!

Currently my list of refashions includes

  • sewing lace onto denim shorts
  • making a cape out of a hounds tooth wool skirt
  •  a pair of shorts out of a flower print skirt
  • re-dying a pair of green jeans
  • and giving Miss P 's polka dot jeans a whirl

Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

  1. "making a cape out of a hounds tooth wool skirt" How!!?! I can't wait to see this!!

    Bundana @

    http://www.bundana.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's been in the pipe line for awhile, back last year I bought said skirt from a charity shop, it's a size 20 and heavily pleated so I'm hoping once all the pleats are unpicked it will give me enough material for a very low detail, basic cape or so I hope :)

      Delete
  2. Me too, I loved the way Charity Shop copied the Stella McCartney jacket and thanksfor relaying Miss P's polka dot jeans. There's an outfit that makes you dream of Spring (because this dreamy season has not arrived yet down here)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I though she did a brilliant job on the Stella McCartney jacket!!
      Snap spring hasn't arrived here either :( we've had a few sunny days but it's still bitterly cold!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration Wednesday....

Images from pintrest

Inspiration Wednesday.....

I think it's well over due for an inspiration Wednesday! So here goes.....






As always images are from Pinterest, to see more like this you can follow my Garment Details board here.

How To: Inserting a side seam zip with pocket

This skirt was meant to have a center back zip along with side seam pockets. Instead I put the two together and combined the zip into the side seam pocket and thought I would share with you how I did it or basically winged it ;)


What You should Know First:
This is easier than it looks all you need to do is be able to insert an invisible zip. The waist band was faced but I found it easier to attach the facing once the zip was in place.  This skirt also had lining but the lining fabric is treated as a single layer with the fashion fabric.
Prep:
Prior to inserting the zip and pockets and treating the lining and fabric as one layer, I made sure both side seams were over-locked 
Construction Tips: These are by no means a definite way to do this, just the way I did it.  . 

1.  Pocket pieces should be kept separate, which makes it easier to place on the the skirt.




2. Taking the one pocket piece (Ignore that I have two in the pic) I lined it up on the right side of the skirt, with the correspondin…