What's Occurring....


My creativity along with blogging has a been sporadic as of late.There's no real reason, than that's just life really.
It's set to continue too as we're off on our holibobs today!! It's been two and half years since we last went together and 3 years since we had a summer holiday, so we're both looking forward to having some time away and a change of scenery. I've packed some me made clothes, including the mad men challenge dress and it's counter part wiggle skirt.
I nearly packed this little number too, until I tried it on and realised how badly made it is, but I do love this dress so I've stuck it on the alterations
pile to try and rescue it.

In other sewing news: I've been playing around with draping (see images above) nothing major just pining fabric and seeing how it looks, before basting the fabric in place and machine stitching it.

peacock feather fabric
 
I've got a second version of undies on the go using thicker jersey fabric in black which has a velour lipstick print in fuchsia pink all over it. I've also toiled another burda pattern. This is all set to go with just some minor adjustments to the pattern before I cut it out in peacock feather embroidered fabric. Then there's another pair of these self drafted shorts ready to be sewn using fabric that I salvaged from a charity shop buy and that's about it....... Ooo I did get round to finishing my bombshell dress (yesss!!)  but as of yet no photo's (booo!!)  :(

There will be a few scheduled post going up over the next few weeks whilst I'm away and hopefully I'll return full of enthusiasm and zest and finish off the clothes I've started before summer is truly out!

Whats on your sewing table? 

Comments