Skip to main content

Draped Waistcoat

There's not much to say about this project, other than it's a self-drafted pattern. The fabric I received as a freebie (a lady downsizing her stash). It was crying out to be some sort of scarf design and thus the drape waistcoat was born.


I didn't toile the pattern as it was simple enough (princess seams in the front, darts at the back) but I assumed the waist coat would fall longer than it did. An extra 3 inches would have been nice. Whoops so much for measure twice, cut once.


Due to the fabric being fluid I added lining. This was a last minute feature but with the waistcoat not being as long as I thought, it tends to peak out at the back.


Speaking of back, I feel it doesn't lie as flat as it should. I don't know if it's the darts or the fabric, but it feels like it juts out when I walk around?!


I under stitched the lining on the front to keep it in place, but I think it would benefit from being top stitched, but I'll just see how that goes for now. Although had I lined it using black it wouldn't bother me so much. It just peaks out a touch on the one side, from time to time.



The beauty of this waistcoat is I can wear the scarf draped over my shoulder or gather it up and wear it like proper scarf. Two looks in one Bonus!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration Wednesday.....

I think it's well over due for an inspiration Wednesday! So here goes.....






As always images are from Pinterest, to see more like this you can follow my Garment Details board here.

Inspiration Wednesday....

Images from pintrest

Inspiration Wednesday.....

All images from Pinterest.

Don't forget you can pin these images to your own boards, just hover over each image and look for the little 'p' in the top left corner.