Completed: Gertie's Bombshell Dress.....


whoaa! This dress has been a long time coming, after starting it back in  November 2013, I finished it last summer, but literally only photographed it three days ago!


Truthfully although I enjoyed taking the online class, it took so long, that by the time I finished it I'd lost interest in talking about it, then the colder months hit and bam, off it went to the back. 


As I'm only now doing the write-up, I've forgot most of blurb, so I shan't whittle on. what I will say is as much as I admire the couture techniques used make this dress, it's not something I would incorporate in to my normal sewing routine. 
 

Details:

Fabric: cream cotton for the bodice and chartreuse sateen for the skirt. skirt is underlined using organza, bodice lining is in poplin.
 

Make again: Probably. Maybe a version with straps would be nice and the dress is very much a style I wear, but I'd make it without the couture techniques.


Pattern: I took Gerties Craftsy sewing class 'sew retro perfect fit bombshell dress but I believe the class has now been retired however the pattern used is burda style #112A 5/2011


Fit: Last summer I loved the fit, I'd worked hard on it. Although the bust wasn't quite right it wasn't far wrong either - however if your super observant you'll notice in the pics that the dress is now on the tight side, especially as I had a job to do the dress up, then the black shoes I'd slipped on, didn't go with the dress. Cue changing into another pair of shoes only to find I couldn't bend down in the dress to do the other shoes up!! If that isn't a sign that I've put on weight then I don't know what is!! (let the clean eating and exercising commence....)






And that's it, a finally finished bombshell dress, now photographed and blogged!!

Comments

  1. Lovely dress! It fits you perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That's absolutely fine, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shared on SSB . Thanks for permitting. https://www.facebook.com/SassySewingBees

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment