Sewing Fashion Trends: Parka Coats

I love a good parka, especially one with fur around the hood. (although the ones I feature here haven't got any but adding fur trim is always an option). I once got accused of being like that little boy out of east is east who refuses to take his parka off, then again I'm like that with any coat during the winter months, I guess I'm cold blooded! Aside from that lets look at some RTW inspiration and it's possible sewing counter part;

Inspiration......
Alexander McQueen parka


Sewing Pattern .....

Burda Parka Front


Burda parka 09/2012 #129


The shaping on the Alexander Mcqueen parka is really lovely along with the fitted waist.Although the pattern for burda version isn't to dissimilar in some ways and the angled pockets adds a more contemporary element. I think it could be made more suitable for colder winters if a lightly quilted fabric was used or you could attempt to quilt your own (I would probably opt for the pre quilted to cut down on time). 


Inspiration....

Canada goose Parka





Sewing Pattern .....



Sewaholic's Minoru coat.


How similar are both of theses coats. Perhaps more of traditional style of  parka coat, but I love how the Minoru by sewaholic has a hood that can also be tucked away. Whilst it doesn't have exterior pockets there is an interior one, and exterior ones would be too hard to apply although I would first pin them on to make sure they are the right size and in the right place. (This pattern is very much on my list, I think I would love to make it in a quirky colour something like a mustard, or a chartreuse green).


Inspiration & Sewing Pattern in one
Halava Parka by Named patterns.


I adore this pattern such a contemporary/formal spin on a parka, perfect if a parka is too casual or just as a night out coat. The down side is that it doesn't have a hood, but fur trim around the neck would give off a luxury effect. J'adore!!! Halava Parker.

 Inspiration images from Net-A-Porter.com 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta.
    https://learnwithshikha.cgsociety.org/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment