Anyway back to business, I've been deliberating on this 12 in 2012 hosted over at su sews so-so since it was launched. What doesn't help was the fact that I've recently been sorted through my wardrobe, I exclaimed to my boyfriend that I didn't need any more clothes (my boyfriends face said it all) like that's going to work.
I've tried to convince myself for the past month that I can do this and by this I mean not buy or make any clothes, but I've seen the light or the dark (dependant on how you want to look at it) and I just can't keep my greedy little hands off of the sale racks or my wandering eyes from the fabric shops. It's task that I just can't do! So the 12 in 2012 is just the thing, 12 garments for moi, well made (hopefully) and wearable i.e no fancy dresses or dodgy ones that I make just for the sake of sewing.
It also makes sense that I do the 12 in 2012 because I also have a list as long as my arm of new sewing techniques to try too. So here goes....
12 items of clothing.....
- trench coat
- high waited shorts with ruffle waist band
- jeans in spotty fabric
- circle skirt with scallop waist band
- leather jacket
- Bag - possibly an Amy butler design
- another jacket- the rust coloured one that livine wears in downtown abbey!
- gathered hole dress out of pattern magic
- a sobetto top
- a bikini in a pin-up girl print
- welt pockets
- french knots
- lace placement, ie lining the lace up so it matches
- french seams
- pin tucks
- cut out detailing on a garment
- hand stitching a zip
- shapes and seam curving
- inseam pockets with zip
- Tie dying
- A colette pattern possibly the lady grey coat
- attempting something else from the pattern magic books
- sewing samples and how they could used from the art of manipulating fabric book
- a sewaholic pattern
- vintage pattern
- working with leather
- fascination making
- waterfall collar
- in-seam pockets with zips
pheww I think it looks a little adventurous, I do plan on combining techniques like the waterfall collar on a jacket, beading/embroidery on the bag, inseam zip pockets on a jacket, french seams on the sorbetto top and piping on the spotted jeans.
Hands up who else is doing 12 in 2012. I think I spy Dibs is which I'm very much looking forward to. I would love to follow anyone else who is doing it so leave me a link if you'd like.
p.s not wanting to sound too smug, but I've cut the high-waisted shorts out, I've got my trench coat pattern sorted (from my stash) and like wise with the leather jacket.
Time to crack on me thinks......