You know how at the beginning of the year I decided to do this 12 in 2012 thingy, well it really isn't going well! October is around the corner and I'm lucky if I've got a quarter of what I set out to do, done.
Reflecting on the decision, my position at the begging of the year was different, I wasn't working so I had time on my hands for a start.
I also realised I made the list way to long, I should of stuck with 12 things and 12things only instead of 36, I mean where the hell, did 12 in 2012 become 36 in 2012!! Another thing I've realised is that my taste change's often and something that I want to make at the beginning of the year, can easily be out of favour x number months later.
so for a minutiae update and a proposal for next year keep reading.......
By the way the writing in pink is the latest progress, and the blue/duckegg colour is from previous posts.
12 items of clothing.....
trenchcoat - Done :) this was one item I really wanted to do this year so I'm glad I did high waited shorts with ruffle waist band- done
- jeans in spotty fabric- I may change this to gingham fabric
- circle skirt with scallop waist band
- leather jacket
- Bag - possibly an Amy butler design
- another jacket- the rust coloured one that livine wears in downton abbey!
- gathered hole dress out of pattern magic
- a sobetto top- the pattern is ready-
- a bikini in a pin-up girl print- think the season has passed for this one
welt pockets-done these on the trench coat
- french knots-I've been working on something but not sure where it's going.
- lace placement, ie lining the lace up so it matches
- french seams
- pin tucks
- cut out detailing on a garment
- hand stitching a zip
- shapes and seam curving
- inseam pockets with zip
12 miscellaneous ...
- Tie dying
- A colette pattern possibly the lady grey coat
- attempting something else from the pattern magic books
- sewing samples and how they could used from the art of manipulating fabric book
- a sewaholic pattern
- vintage pattern
- working with leather- This may still happen
- fascinatator making- this is coming along nicely- still work in progress
- waterfall collar
- in-seam pockets with zips- ops I seam to have doubled up with this one I'm thinking a copy cat outfit possibly something from pan-am. pan am oufit is nearly done
Hand up I admit the task was too big, stupidly I knew this when I was doing it, don't get me wrong, I've made quite a few things that are not on the list too, so it isn't like I haven't been sewing. It's just I'm not very good a sticking to long lists.
so to this proposal. I quite like the idea of 12 in 2012, so what I'm thinking is adapting this and doing 12 in 12.
From the beginning of next year I plan to create a list of 12, and only 12 things that I really want to achieve sewing wise over the following 12 months. I will aim to do one a month that way it will be far easier and manageable to do. I also plan to leave a few blanks say 3 or 4 to accommodate changes in the things that I want to achieve too.
Now I'm sure I can stick to that!!