Skip to main content

sewing boxes

yesterdays gift guide featuring an owl sewing box inspired me to do this post. I as wrote about sewing boxes being uninspiring and dated, I went on the hunt for more modern means. call it an extended gift guied for sewing boxes.








you could always go for something truly unique. Seen as sewing is a craft, trade even which means your sewing needles, scissors, roles, unpickers are all tools then why not choose a tool box! 




Plenty of space for bit's and bobs, needles, unpicker,  tape measure, scissors  loop turners, and a big area for storing things like shoulder pads, interfacing, pinking sheers, bobing winders.

it's not too unusual I don't think, I have a small tool box for my make-up! Seriously, it's this type though more of a case than a box. I keep all my brushes and eye-liners in the holders although mine are elastic and then I divide the main section up into parts for eyeshadow, lipstick and blusher/foundation!! 
 

Comments

  1. I have a small owl sewing box but I don't use it as I find too small

    ReplyDelete
  2. True... sewing boxes are lovely my comment would reflect House of Pinheiro's: I would need about a dozen sewing boxes to be able to fit all my sewing stuff in it...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration Wednesday.....

I think it's well over due for an inspiration Wednesday! So here goes.....






As always images are from Pinterest, to see more like this you can follow my Garment Details board here.

Inspiration Wednesday....

Images from pintrest

Inspiration Wednesday.....

All images from Pinterest.

Don't forget you can pin these images to your own boards, just hover over each image and look for the little 'p' in the top left corner.